At Diamond & Diamond™, we get calls about damage occuring from all sorts of animal bites. The most common type is dog bites.Thousands of individuals each year are victims of an unprovoked attack by a dog. These attacks often cause serious injuries resulting in extensive scarring and sometimes even death.Unfortunately, children often fall pray to such attacks as they cannot fully appreciate the potential dangers in approaching some dogs or are simply too small to defend against such an attack. Under the Dog Owner’s Liability Act, an owner is strictly liable for the acts of their dog, which means they are almost always fully responsible. If you or someone you love was injured in as a result of dog bite, please contact us immediately for a free consultation so that we can assess your case and help protect your rights.
STEPS TO TAKE IF YOU’VE BEEN BITTEN BY AN ANIMAL:
- Stop and assess the situation
- Call 911
- If you are physically able to, get as much information from everyone at the accident scene especially any witnesses. Write down the information of the dog’s owner, including driver’s liscense number
- Take pictures of the injury
- Make note if the animal was on a leash or allowed to roam free
- Call Diamond & Diamond™ immediately at 1-800-567-HURT (4878)