“Slip & fall” or “Trip & fall” are generic terms used to describe an injury related to falling that occurs as a result being subjected to a dangerous and/or hazardous condition on someone else’s property.
Hazardous conditions exist due to a variety of reasons. Some examples include weather-related causes (the presence of ice, water or snow), strucutural changes (a change in flooring for instance), poor construction (uneven floor surfaces, broken sidewalks, uneven elevators) or other hazards such as poor lighting, etc.
If you have been hurt on someone else’s property due to dangerous conditions, they may be liable for your injuries and it is important to speak with a knowledable Slip & Fall Lawyer as soon as possible.
Our associates have represented countless individuals injured in department stores, restaurants, grocery stores, banks, hospitals and other buildings open to the public.
In order to ensure that your claim is within the Limitations Act and that your rights are fully protected, contact Diamond & Diamond immediately for advice. We and our associates will give you with a free consultation.
STEPS TO TAKE IF YOU’VE FALLEN:
- Stop and assess the situation
- Call 911
- If you are physically able to, get as much information from everyone at the accident scene especially any witnesses. Write down the information of anyone at the scene
- Take pictures of the injury
- Take notes as to what you slipped and fell on, if possible, take a picture
- Call Diamond & Diamond™ immediately at 1-800-567-HURT (4878)